Updated Jul 15, 2014 - 10:02 am
Goldschmidt, Montero in rare company as multiple-time D-backs representatives at All-Star Game
Only six before them have ever suited for multiple All-Star games as Diamondbacks. And the list is pretty star-studded.
Luis Gonzalez and Randy Johnson have represented Arizona most frequently in the All-Star game, each making five appearances in purple and turquoise.
Brandon Webb comes next on the list of those who have made multiple All-Star appearances for the Diamondbacks, making the roster in three consecutive years -- from 2006 to 2008.
Two other Diamondbacks starting pitchers -- Curt Schilling and Dan Haren -- made multiple appearance for the organization, with the former making the squad in 2001 and 2002 and the latter in 2008 and 2009.
Along with Goldschmidt, Montero and Gonzalez, Justin Upton is the only other Diamondbacks position player to make multiple All-Star games while with Arizona, going in 2009 and 2011. Montero and Upton both made the National League roster in 2011, when Chase Field hosted the All-Star festivities. The catcher's trip to Target Field this week will be his first trip back to the game since it was in Phoenix.
Goldschmidt is making his second consecutive All-Star Game appearance and his first ever start.
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.