Updated Jul 15, 2014 - 10:02 am
Goldschmidt, Montero in rare company as multiple-time D-backs representatives at All-Star Game
Only six before them have ever suited for multiple All-Star games as Diamondbacks. And the list is pretty star-studded.
Luis Gonzalez and Randy Johnson have represented Arizona most frequently in the All-Star game, each making five appearances in purple and turquoise.
Brandon Webb comes next on the list of those who have made multiple All-Star appearances for the Diamondbacks, making the roster in three consecutive years -- from 2006 to 2008.
Two other Diamondbacks starting pitchers -- Curt Schilling and Dan Haren -- made multiple appearance for the organization, with the former making the squad in 2001 and 2002 and the latter in 2008 and 2009.
Along with Goldschmidt, Montero and Gonzalez, Justin Upton is the only other Diamondbacks position player to make multiple All-Star games while with Arizona, going in 2009 and 2011. Montero and Upton both made the National League roster in 2011, when Chase Field hosted the All-Star festivities. The catcher's trip to Target Field this week will be his first trip back to the game since it was in Phoenix.
Goldschmidt is making his second consecutive All-Star Game appearance and his first ever start.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.