Updated Jul 15, 2014 - 10:02 am
Goldschmidt, Montero in rare company as multiple-time D-backs representatives at All-Star Game
Only six before them have ever suited for multiple All-Star games as Diamondbacks. And the list is pretty star-studded.
Luis Gonzalez and Randy Johnson have represented Arizona most frequently in the All-Star game, each making five appearances in purple and turquoise.
Brandon Webb comes next on the list of those who have made multiple All-Star appearances for the Diamondbacks, making the roster in three consecutive years -- from 2006 to 2008.
Two other Diamondbacks starting pitchers -- Curt Schilling and Dan Haren -- made multiple appearance for the organization, with the former making the squad in 2001 and 2002 and the latter in 2008 and 2009.
Along with Goldschmidt, Montero and Gonzalez, Justin Upton is the only other Diamondbacks position player to make multiple All-Star games while with Arizona, going in 2009 and 2011. Montero and Upton both made the National League roster in 2011, when Chase Field hosted the All-Star festivities. The catcher's trip to Target Field this week will be his first trip back to the game since it was in Phoenix.
Goldschmidt is making his second consecutive All-Star Game appearance and his first ever start.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.