Updated Jul 15, 2014 - 10:12 am
Arizona Diamondbacks All-Star Game history: By the Numbers
Though their tradition in the game is not at all comparable to teams that have been around longer, they have certainly had a solid presence in the Midsummer Classic over the years.
Below is a look at how the team's representatives have performed, by the numbers:
The Diamondbacks have yet to have a player hit a home run in an All-Star Game.
The Diamondbacks have sent an All-Star from every position on the field save for one: shortstop.
D-backs hitters have knocked in three All-Star runs, with Steve Finley (2000), Damian Miller (2002) and Luis Gonzalez (2005) each collecting an RBI.
3 Part II
Devon White was the first All-Star in Diamondbacks history, and the outfielder represented the team well with three hits in the 1998 game.
Diamondbacks have gone 12-for-29 in All-Star Games for a combined average of .414.
The Diamondbacks have sent seven pitchers to the All-Star Game.
Of every player the D-backs have sent to the All-Star Game, eight have returned to at least one more while still with Arizona.
A total of 20 different players have appeared in an All-Star Game in a D-backs uniform.
Byung-Hyun Kim appeared in the 2002 All-Star Game, allowing two runs on three hits in two-thirds of an inning for an ERA of 54.00.
Paul Goldschmidt is the first D-back to start the game since Luis Gonzalez did so in 2001. Including Goldschmidt, seven times has a D-back been on the field when the game began.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.