Updated Jul 15, 2014 - 10:12 am
Arizona Diamondbacks All-Star Game history: By the Numbers
Though their tradition in the game is not at all comparable to teams that have been around longer, they have certainly had a solid presence in the Midsummer Classic over the years.
Below is a look at how the team's representatives have performed, by the numbers:
The Diamondbacks have yet to have a player hit a home run in an All-Star Game.
The Diamondbacks have sent an All-Star from every position on the field save for one: shortstop.
D-backs hitters have knocked in three All-Star runs, with Steve Finley (2000), Damian Miller (2002) and Luis Gonzalez (2005) each collecting an RBI.
3 Part II
Devon White was the first All-Star in Diamondbacks history, and the outfielder represented the team well with three hits in the 1998 game.
Diamondbacks have gone 12-for-29 in All-Star Games for a combined average of .414.
The Diamondbacks have sent seven pitchers to the All-Star Game.
Of every player the D-backs have sent to the All-Star Game, eight have returned to at least one more while still with Arizona.
A total of 20 different players have appeared in an All-Star Game in a D-backs uniform.
Byung-Hyun Kim appeared in the 2002 All-Star Game, allowing two runs on three hits in two-thirds of an inning for an ERA of 54.00.
Paul Goldschmidt is the first D-back to start the game since Luis Gonzalez did so in 2001. Including Goldschmidt, seven times has a D-back been on the field when the game began.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.