Wade Miley, bullpen shutout Giants in D-backs' win: By The Numbers
The former tossed seven scoreless innings to prolong a brilliant month of July while the latter scored the game's only two runs.
Only Brandon Belt proved at all troubling for Diamondbacks pitchers, reaching base three times -- twice via walk -- while the rest of his team did so just four times.
After Miley's exit, Brad Ziegler and Addison Reed held down the fort, shutting down the Giants' side in order.
Here's a look at the Diamondbacks' win, by the numbers:
In three starts in the month of July, Miley has a 1.25 ERA, having held opponents to a total of just three earned runs in 21.2 innings pitched. He has also allowed just 13 hits and 17 baserunners in that span, while striking out 22.
Outfielder David Peralta continued his success at the plate Saturday with a 2-for-4 showing that included a double. He is hitting .321 with a .345 on-base percentage through the first 36 games of his major league career.
Hill's seventh home run of the season stood as the only score of the game until the seventh inning, when he crossed home plate again -- scoring the second of the Diamondbacks' two total runs.
Addison Reed recorded his 21st save of the season Saturday with a nine-pitch, 1-2-3 inning.
Leadoff man Ender Inciarte saw a game-high 26 pitches, though going 1-for-5 in the game.
NL All-Star starting first baseman Paul Goldschmidt has reached base safely in 32 consecutive games, a career high.
Goldschmidt hit his 36th double of the season Saturday at AT&T Park, a franchise record for doubles ahead of the All-Star Break.
- Rookie makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.