Wade Miley, bullpen shutout Giants in D-backs' win: By The Numbers
The former tossed seven scoreless innings to prolong a brilliant month of July while the latter scored the game's only two runs.
Only Brandon Belt proved at all troubling for Diamondbacks pitchers, reaching base three times -- twice via walk -- while the rest of his team did so just four times.
After Miley's exit, Brad Ziegler and Addison Reed held down the fort, shutting down the Giants' side in order.
Here's a look at the Diamondbacks' win, by the numbers:
In three starts in the month of July, Miley has a 1.25 ERA, having held opponents to a total of just three earned runs in 21.2 innings pitched. He has also allowed just 13 hits and 17 baserunners in that span, while striking out 22.
Outfielder David Peralta continued his success at the plate Saturday with a 2-for-4 showing that included a double. He is hitting .321 with a .345 on-base percentage through the first 36 games of his major league career.
Hill's seventh home run of the season stood as the only score of the game until the seventh inning, when he crossed home plate again -- scoring the second of the Diamondbacks' two total runs.
Addison Reed recorded his 21st save of the season Saturday with a nine-pitch, 1-2-3 inning.
Leadoff man Ender Inciarte saw a game-high 26 pitches, though going 1-for-5 in the game.
NL All-Star starting first baseman Paul Goldschmidt has reached base safely in 32 consecutive games, a career high.
Goldschmidt hit his 36th double of the season Saturday at AT&T Park, a franchise record for doubles ahead of the All-Star Break.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.