D-backs outfielder Mark Trumbo has quiet night in return, records one hit
In fact, the only positive came from the return of left fielder Mark Trumbo, who missed the previous 71 games due to a stress fracture in his left foot.
But Trumbo's presence in the number-five hole couldn't cure the D-backs' recent woes at the plate, though he did record his first hit since April 21.
The 28-year-old went 1-for-4 at the dish, stranding a runner on base in the second, singling to center in the seventh and closing out the ballgame with an innocent grounder to third baseman Pablo Sandoval.
In the field, Trumbo, who was acquired in Dec. 2013 from the Los Angeles Angels, managed to record only a single put out.
Before the D-backs reinstated him Friday, Trumbo was hitting .458 with five home runs and 12 RBI during his brief rehab assignment.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.