Updated Jul 11, 2014 - 3:38 pm
D-backs reinstate Mark Trumbo from disabled list
Trumbo, who was sidelined with a stress fracture in his left foot, recently completed a minor league rehab stint during which he batted .458 (11-for-24) with five home runs and 12 RBI in seven games with Reno and the Arizona League D-backs.
He's been on the disabled list since April 24. At the time, he was tied for the National League lead with seven home runs and was second with 19 RBI.
There was some doubt to whether Trumbo would be activated before or after the annual All-Star break. As recently as Tuesday, manager Kirk Gibson believed Trumbo's return would come following the break.
"It's possible it'll be before -- we have conversations every day about that -- but more than likely it's going to be after," Gibson told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Maybe he'll make an appearance this weekend in the Giants series, but it's unlikely."
Trumbo is in Friday's lineup, playing left field and batting fifth against San Francisco's Tim Lincecum.
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.