Addison Reed: By the Numbers
Reed was entrenched as the White Sox closer for most of two seasons. He saved 40 games for a last-place team in 2013, which ranked seventh in MLB.
Unfortunately for Reed and the D-backs, his results have suffered because he's giving up more home runs.
Here is a look at Reed's season, by the numbers:
.248Opponents are hitting .248 off Reed this season. In 2013, they hit .215.
5 Part IReed has blown five of his 25 save opportunities (80 percent), tied for most in the NL. In Chicago, Reed closed the door on 69 of his 81 chances (85.2 percent).
5 Part IIWith a 1-5 record, Reed is tied for the most losses by a MLB reliever. He lost six of the 136 games (4.4 percent) appeared in during his White Sox tenure compared to five of 38 (13.2 percent) this year.
7Reed has allowed a run in seven of his 13 outings entering a tied game or with the D-backs up by one run. In those situations, he has surrendered seven home runs, accounting for nine of the 10 runs allowed.
9The nine home runs Reed has allowed is not only a career-worst, but it is also tied for most in MLB among relievers. In each of the last two seasons, Reed had only given up six.
20Reed has 20 of the D-backs' 23 saves, which puts him 13th in MLB.
42Despite all the home runs, Reed manages to strike out opposing batters. In 36.2 innings pitched, he has 42 strikeouts against nine walks.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.