Mark Trumbo joins Reno Aces on rehab assignment
The Reno Aces announced Monday that Trumbo will join the team on rehab assignment and will be in the lineup Monday night when they take on the Las Vegas 51s.
The California native was hitting .210 with seven home runs and 19 RBI prior to the injury. He will become the third D-back to appear on rehab assignment for the Aces this season, joining J.J. Putz and Cody Ross.
The D-backs acquired Trumbo in a Decomber 2013 trade that sent Adam Eaton to the Chicago White Sox and pitchers Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Trumbo was named an American League All-Star in 2012 and is hitting .248 with 102 home runs and 303 RBI for his career.
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.