Mark Trumbo joins Reno Aces on rehab assignment
The Reno Aces announced Monday that Trumbo will join the team on rehab assignment and will be in the lineup Monday night when they take on the Las Vegas 51s.
The California native was hitting .210 with seven home runs and 19 RBI prior to the injury. He will become the third D-back to appear on rehab assignment for the Aces this season, joining J.J. Putz and Cody Ross.
The D-backs acquired Trumbo in a Decomber 2013 trade that sent Adam Eaton to the Chicago White Sox and pitchers Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Trumbo was named an American League All-Star in 2012 and is hitting .248 with 102 home runs and 303 RBI for his career.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?