Updated Jul 6, 2014 - 4:39 pm
Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt voted to All-Star Game as National League starter
This time, however, he'll be doing so as a National League starter.
Goldschmidt, who finished play Sunday with a .310 batting average to go along with 16 home runs, NL-leading 32 doubles and 58 RBI, is the first D-back to be voted into the All-Star Game since Luis Gonzalez achieved the feat back in 2001.
Claiming the starting nod was not difficult for the 26-year-old, as he cruised (3,516,890 votes) to a comfortable victory over Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez (1,888,648 votes) and St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams (1,746,904 votes).
The NL MVP runner-up from a season ago is also the first player from Arizona to play in back-to-back All Star Games since right-hander Dan Haren (2008-09).
The 2014 All-Star Game takes place July 15 at Target Field and can be seen on FOX starting at 5 p.m.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.