Reno Aces' Mike Jacobs, Derek Eitel named to PCL All-Star team
The 33-year-old Jacobs is hitting .304 with 12 home runs and 61 RBI through 83 games for the Aces this season. He was one of 13 players elected by a combination of field managers, general managers, media members and online fan voting.
The California native is no stranger to awards. He was also honored by the Arizona Diamondbacks when he was named the organization's Player of the Month for May, hitting .345 with 14 doubles and seven home runs.
Eitel was named to his first All-Star squad by the Pacific Coast League office after posting a 5-1 record and 2.70 ERA in 46.2 innings, while leading PCL relievers with 60 strikeouts.
Jacobs, Eitel and the rest of the PCL All-Stars will take on the International League All-Stars on Wednesday, July 16 at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park in North Carolina. The game will be broadcast on MLB Network beginning at 4 p.m.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.