D-backs' Paul Goldschmidt looks to continue dominance of Tim Lincecum
Two-time Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum might have entered the season with a new mustache and a new hairstyle, however one thing hasn't changed for the San Francisco Giants right-hander -- he still can't get Goldschmidt out.
In their last matchup this season, Goldschmidt golfed a 1-1 offering from Lincecum over the right field wall for a three-run shot -- marking just the 22nd time in AT&T Park's 15-year history that a right-handed hitter had ever gone deep to that part of the ballpark.
The long ball was Goldschmidt's second of the season -- both of which came off of Lincecum.
In fact, last season's National League MVP runner-up has 13 hits against Lincecum in 24 career at-bats. And of those 13 hits, seven have cleared the fences.
Goldschmidt's seven home runs off of Lincecum are the most he has against any opposing pitcher. Left-hander Chris Capuano is second on that list by a considerable margin, having allowed three home runs to Goldschmidt in his career.
In fact, Goldschmidt's power prowess when facing the 29-year-old puts him in pretty elite company. Among active players, his 3.43 at-bat/home run ratio against Linecum is the second-highest in all of baseball, falling just short of New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira's 3.14 clip against Kansas City Royals left-hander Bruce Chen.
Paul Goldschmidt's home runs vs. Tim Lincecum (2011-14):
||Distance||Part of Ballpark
|9/25/12||3||3||358 Feet||Left Field
|4/9/14||1||3||340 Feet||Right Field
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Martin Prado to New York Yankees
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.