D-backs' Paul Goldschmidt looks to continue dominance of Tim Lincecum
Two-time Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum might have entered the season with a new mustache and a new hairstyle, however one thing hasn't changed for the San Francisco Giants right-hander -- he still can't get Goldschmidt out.
In their last matchup this season, Goldschmidt golfed a 1-1 offering from Lincecum over the right field wall for a three-run shot -- marking just the 22nd time in AT&T Park's 15-year history that a right-handed hitter had ever gone deep to that part of the ballpark.
The long ball was Goldschmidt's second of the season -- both of which came off of Lincecum.
In fact, last season's National League MVP runner-up has 13 hits against Lincecum in 24 career at-bats. And of those 13 hits, seven have cleared the fences.
Goldschmidt's seven home runs off of Lincecum are the most he has against any opposing pitcher. Left-hander Chris Capuano is second on that list by a considerable margin, having allowed three home runs to Goldschmidt in his career.
In fact, Goldschmidt's power prowess when facing the 29-year-old puts him in pretty elite company. Among active players, his 3.43 at-bat/home run ratio against Linecum is the second-highest in all of baseball, falling just short of New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira's 3.14 clip against Kansas City Royals left-hander Bruce Chen.
Paul Goldschmidt's home runs vs. Tim Lincecum (2011-14):
||Distance||Part of Ballpark
|9/25/12||3||3||358 Feet||Left Field
|4/9/14||1||3||340 Feet||Right Field
- Does Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill pitch better when Tuffy Gosewich is catching?
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.