The Pulse: Fans overwhelmingly in favor of D-backs decision to bean Ryan Braun
While in the moment in felt as if Marshall and the Arizona Diamondbacks won the battle, Jonathan Lucroy promptly launched a grand slam off of a rather-cold Brad Ziegler to help the Brewers win the war.
Marshall's antics were well received by both the Chase Field faithful and his teammates, and apparently our readers as well.
Wednesday, we at ArizonaSports.com posed the question as to whether or not the D-backs did the right thing with Braun.
Seeing as Gerardo Parra and Chris Owings had been hit during the first two games of the series, fans seemed to have no problem with a little retaliation.
Of the 483 readers polled, 65 percent believe absolutely Arizona did the right thing.
Ten percent were not in favor of the move given the time and place it occurred in the National League affair. And another nine percent said they were fine with Marshall's pitch until the moment Lucroy sent a long ball into the outfield seats.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.