The Pulse: Fans overwhelmingly in favor of D-backs decision to bean Ryan Braun
While in the moment in felt as if Marshall and the Arizona Diamondbacks won the battle, Jonathan Lucroy promptly launched a grand slam off of a rather-cold Brad Ziegler to help the Brewers win the war.
Marshall's antics were well received by both the Chase Field faithful and his teammates, and apparently our readers as well.
Wednesday, we at ArizonaSports.com posed the question as to whether or not the D-backs did the right thing with Braun.
Seeing as Gerardo Parra and Chris Owings had been hit during the first two games of the series, fans seemed to have no problem with a little retaliation.
Of the 483 readers polled, 65 percent believe absolutely Arizona did the right thing.
Ten percent were not in favor of the move given the time and place it occurred in the National League affair. And another nine percent said they were fine with Marshall's pitch until the moment Lucroy sent a long ball into the outfield seats.
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.