The Pulse: Fans overwhelmingly in favor of D-backs decision to bean Ryan Braun
While in the moment in felt as if Marshall and the Arizona Diamondbacks won the battle, Jonathan Lucroy promptly launched a grand slam off of a rather-cold Brad Ziegler to help the Brewers win the war.
Marshall's antics were well received by both the Chase Field faithful and his teammates, and apparently our readers as well.
Wednesday, we at ArizonaSports.com posed the question as to whether or not the D-backs did the right thing with Braun.
Seeing as Gerardo Parra and Chris Owings had been hit during the first two games of the series, fans seemed to have no problem with a little retaliation.
Of the 483 readers polled, 65 percent believe absolutely Arizona did the right thing.
Ten percent were not in favor of the move given the time and place it occurred in the National League affair. And another nine percent said they were fine with Marshall's pitch until the moment Lucroy sent a long ball into the outfield seats.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.