Arizona Diamondbacks recall Mike Bolsinger, option Will Harris to Triple-A
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Tuesday the team had recalled starting pitcher Mike Bolsinger from Triple-A Reno.
Bolsinger, who went 1-2 with a 6.08 ERA in five appearances (four starts) earlier in the season, will get the first shot at filling in for the veteran right-hander, taking the mound Tuesday night against the Brewers.
Bolsinger's regular turn in the rotation would have had him pitch Monday, and instead of making him wait an exceptionally long time between starts the team decided to push Wade Miley and Chase Anderson's starts back.
"He's been throwing good," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM about Bolsinger. "He's had one game maybe that wasn't very good, that happens from time to time, but overall we just felt that the way it fit in and the best way for our benefit was to bring him in tonight."
To make room for Bolsinger the team sent relief pitcher Will Harris to Reno. The 29-year-old has posted a 0-2 record with a 9.24 ERA in 12.2 innings of work over two stints with the D-backs this season.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.