Arizona Diamondbacks place Bronson Arroyo on 15-day DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced they have placed the pitcher on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow tendinitis. It is the first time in the 37-year-old Arroyo's career -- which has spanned 369 starts -- that he has landed on the DL.
Arroyo had been pitching well for the Diamondbacks, winning his last three starts and posting an overall record of 7-4 with a 4.08 ERA.
Signed to a three-year deal before the season, the veteran had become a stabilizing force in the middle of the team's starting rotation.
In a corresponding move, the team recalled outfielder Roger Kieschnick from Triple-A Reno. This will be Kieschnick's second stint with the D-backs after he appeared in four games for the team in late April, where he was hitless in seven at-bats.
- Miley struggles in opener, Phillies top D-backs: By The Numbers
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.