Arizona Diamondbacks place Bronson Arroyo on 15-day DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced they have placed the pitcher on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow tendinitis. It is the first time in the 37-year-old Arroyo's career -- which has spanned 369 starts -- that he has landed on the DL.
Arroyo had been pitching well for the Diamondbacks, winning his last three starts and posting an overall record of 7-4 with a 4.08 ERA.
Signed to a three-year deal before the season, the veteran had become a stabilizing force in the middle of the team's starting rotation.
In a corresponding move, the team recalled outfielder Roger Kieschnick from Triple-A Reno. This will be Kieschnick's second stint with the D-backs after he appeared in four games for the team in late April, where he was hitless in seven at-bats.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.