Updated Jun 16, 2014 - 9:08 am
Diamondbacks fall to Haren, Dodgers: By The Numbers
Instead, a bases-clearing double in a four-run fourth for the Dodgers helped Haren beat Josh Collmenter and the Diamondbacks 6-4.
The Diamondbacks got to Haren early, using a leadoff double by shortstop Didi Gregorius and a two-run home run from Paul Goldschmidt to take the lead in the opening frame.
But the Dodgers offense settled in against Collmenter and gave Haren a bases loaded opportunity.
Despite a ninth-inning rally against Kenley Jansen for the second straight night, the Diamondbacks came up short, 6-4.
Here's a look at the loss by the numbers:
Martin Prado is hitting .337 over his last 27 games with three home runs, five doubles, two triples and 16 RBI.
Recently claimed by the Diamondbacks, Jordan Pacheco collected his first hit in Sedona red on Saturday, with a pinch-hit single in the seventh.
Dodgers speedster second baseman Dee Gordon hit his third career home run on Saturday, knocking a line-drive two-run shot out of the park in the third inning.
Prado is now 5-for-10 with three home runs off of Kenley Jansen in his career, thanks to his ninth-inning solo shot to leftfield. He was 3-for-4 with two RBI on Saturday.
Didi Gregorius collected hits seven and eight on Saturday since being recalled earlier this month. He is now batting .296 with seven runs scored, three home runs and a double. His on-base percentage is up to .394.
Paul Goldschmidt collected his 50th RBI of the season with his two-run home run in the first Saturday. Only Giancarlo Stanton has more runs batted in among National League hitters this season, with 54.
Prado's ninth-inning home run was the 1000th hit of his career.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.