The Pulse: D-backs should be 'sellers' depending on what they get in return
With a little less than two months until the MLB trade deadline, the D-backs have the lock of a seller.
Although down on its luck, Arizona does have plenty of veteran pieces -- Aaron Hill, Brandon McCarthy and J.J. Putz -- that could be interest to a playoff-bound team down the stretch.
While D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall told Doug and Wolf earlier this week that the organization 'won't be complete sellers,' we at ArizonaSports.com posed that exact question to our readers.
Should they be?
Of the 539 voters pulled, the consensus seems to be in the affirmative, though the majority (236) believe that it depends on what Arizona is offered in return.
Thirty-seven percent don't seem bothered by the return and want the front office to essentially blow up the team by August.
And although they represent the quiet minority, 91 voters aren't giving up on the 25-man roster yet, suggesting that 'the team has good pieces.'
- Miley struggles in opener, Phillies top D-backs: By The Numbers
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.