The Pulse: D-backs should be 'sellers' depending on what they get in return
With a little less than two months until the MLB trade deadline, the D-backs have the lock of a seller.
Although down on its luck, Arizona does have plenty of veteran pieces -- Aaron Hill, Brandon McCarthy and J.J. Putz -- that could be interest to a playoff-bound team down the stretch.
While D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall told Doug and Wolf earlier this week that the organization 'won't be complete sellers,' we at ArizonaSports.com posed that exact question to our readers.
Should they be?
Of the 539 voters pulled, the consensus seems to be in the affirmative, though the majority (236) believe that it depends on what Arizona is offered in return.
Thirty-seven percent don't seem bothered by the return and want the front office to essentially blow up the team by August.
And although they represent the quiet minority, 91 voters aren't giving up on the 25-man roster yet, suggesting that 'the team has good pieces.'
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.