The Pulse: D-backs should be 'sellers' depending on what they get in return
With a little less than two months until the MLB trade deadline, the D-backs have the lock of a seller.
Although down on its luck, Arizona does have plenty of veteran pieces -- Aaron Hill, Brandon McCarthy and J.J. Putz -- that could be interest to a playoff-bound team down the stretch.
While D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall told Doug and Wolf earlier this week that the organization 'won't be complete sellers,' we at ArizonaSports.com posed that exact question to our readers.
Should they be?
Of the 539 voters pulled, the consensus seems to be in the affirmative, though the majority (236) believe that it depends on what Arizona is offered in return.
Thirty-seven percent don't seem bothered by the return and want the front office to essentially blow up the team by August.
And although they represent the quiet minority, 91 voters aren't giving up on the 25-man roster yet, suggesting that 'the team has good pieces.'
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.