Updated Jun 13, 2014 - 4:28 pm
Diamondbacks place Ender Inciarte on 7-day concussion DL, recall Tony Campana
Inciarte suffered the injury in the third inning of Thursday's game against the Houston Astros when he was kneed in the head by Astros shortstop Jonathan Villar while attempting to steal second base.
Inciarte stayed in the game a few more innings but was removed as a precautionary measure.
In 34 games with the D-backs this season, Inciarte has hit .205 with two doubles, four RBI and four stolen bases.
In a corresponding move, the team has recalled outfielder Tony Campana from Triple-A Reno. In 23 games with the D-backs earlier in the season, Campana hit .160 with one double, one triple, two RBI, four runs scored and four stolen bases.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.