Updated Jun 13, 2014 - 4:28 pm
Diamondbacks place Ender Inciarte on 7-day concussion DL, recall Tony Campana
Inciarte suffered the injury in the third inning of Thursday's game against the Houston Astros when he was kneed in the head by Astros shortstop Jonathan Villar while attempting to steal second base.
Inciarte stayed in the game a few more innings but was removed as a precautionary measure.
In 34 games with the D-backs this season, Inciarte has hit .205 with two doubles, four RBI and four stolen bases.
In a corresponding move, the team has recalled outfielder Tony Campana from Triple-A Reno. In 23 games with the D-backs earlier in the season, Campana hit .160 with one double, one triple, two RBI, four runs scored and four stolen bases.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.