D-backs right-hander Trevor Cahill roughed up in brief minor league outing
Three days after being designated for assignment, Cahill made his first appearance with Class-A Advanced Visalia.
Needless to say, things didn't go very well for the 26-year-old.
Cahill, who was 1-6 with a 5.66 ERA in 19 appearances with the big league club so far in 2014, allowed four earned runs on two hits in two innings of work for the Rawhide.
He also struck out four and hit two batters during his brief stint.
Before Thursday's outing, Cahill hadn't pitched in Single-A since 2008. That year he went 5-4 with a 2.78 ERA for the Stockton Ports -- an affiliate for the Oakland Athletics.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.