Updated Jun 11, 2014 - 10:02 pm
The Pulse: One year later, D-backs fans' most vivid memory of brawl with Dodgers is coaches' involvement
Benches cleared, retaliatory pitches were thrown, stars were targeted and a rivalry was reignited.
What is most vivid of the incident, however, in the minds of fans?
We wanted to know, so we asked you in the Sanderson Ford Poll Question of the Day on Wednesday: One year later, what do you most remember of the D-backs-Dodgers brawl?
Was it Zack Greinke throwing at Miguel Montero? Ian Kennedy throwing at Greinke? The coaches going at it? What about Turner Ward falling down against the Dodger Stadium wall? Or was it something more general -- the effects of it all?
Most say it was the coaches -- Kirk Gibson, Don Mattingly, Mark McGwire, Alan Trammell, Don Baylor, Ward and company -- getting in each others' faces during the scrum. Of 346 total voters, 134 (39 percent) voted for that option, while 87 others most remember Kennedy plunking Greinke.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.