Updated Jun 3, 2014 - 4:45 pm
Mike Jacobs and Bradin Hagens earn D-Backs minor league awards in May
Jacobs, who inked a minor league deal with the D-backs in June of 2013, had an Aces' record 34 RBI and tied for first in the minor leagues with 21 extra-base hits during the month. The 33-year-old also hit .345 with 14 doubles, seven home runs and 23 runs scored in 28 games in May. Jacobs has hit his stride this season, leading the Pacific Coast League in hits, doubles and total bases while batting .365.
Hagens went 3-0 in five starts for the BayBears while posting a 2.48 ERA and giving up eight earned runs in 29 innings pitched in May. Opponents only hit .186 against the D-backs sixth round pick in the 2009 first-year player draft. The 25-year old right-hander didn't allow more than three earned runs in any of his five starts, and was also given the Mobile player of the month award in April.
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- A look at the Arizona Diamondbacks' trade deadline acquisitions
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.