Updated Jun 3, 2014 - 4:45 pm
Mike Jacobs and Bradin Hagens earn D-Backs minor league awards in May
Jacobs, who inked a minor league deal with the D-backs in June of 2013, had an Aces' record 34 RBI and tied for first in the minor leagues with 21 extra-base hits during the month. The 33-year-old also hit .345 with 14 doubles, seven home runs and 23 runs scored in 28 games in May. Jacobs has hit his stride this season, leading the Pacific Coast League in hits, doubles and total bases while batting .365.
Hagens went 3-0 in five starts for the BayBears while posting a 2.48 ERA and giving up eight earned runs in 29 innings pitched in May. Opponents only hit .186 against the D-backs sixth round pick in the 2009 first-year player draft. The 25-year old right-hander didn't allow more than three earned runs in any of his five starts, and was also given the Mobile player of the month award in April.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.