The Pulse: Cody Ross needs to step up for D-backs in A.J. Pollock's absense
On Monday, we asked you to who the Arizona Diamondbacks most need to step up in the absence of outfielder A.J. Pollock, who was lost for 6-8 weeks with a fractured right hand after being hit by a pitch on Saturday.
A total of 470 votes came in, and the results weren't close -- a whopping 50 percent of you voted that outfielder Cody Ross needs to step up for the D-backs, followed by 24 percent who voted for third baseman Martin Prado. Just 12 percent voted for fellow outfielder Gerardo Parra, and 8 percent voted for Paul Goldschmidt, the centerpiece of the D-backs lineup.
Pollock is hitting a team-high .316 while moving around in the Arizona lineup. Ross is hitting a lowly .184 with 28 strikeouts in 103 at-bats, though he suffered a brutal hip injury toward the end of the 2013 season.
- Miley struggles in opener, Phillies top D-backs: By The Numbers
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.