D-backs' Anderson becomes first Arizona rookie to win first three starts
Anderson on Wednesday became the first D-backs rookie starter to win each of his first three starts after allowing just one earned run in five innings in a 12-6 win over the San Diego Padres.
The 26-year-old has gotten 30 runs of support in his last two starts, but has turned in solid outings. He hasn't tossed more than 5.1 innings, but has allowed just one earned run twice and touts a WHIP of 1.34.
Anderson made his major league debut on May 11 against the Chicago White Sox and thre 5.1 innings, allowing two hits and a run. He followed that up by allowing seven hits and five runs in 5.1 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers before Wednesday's win over the Padres.
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.