Updated May 28, 2014 - 3:09 pm
D-backs Goldschmidt 5th among NL first baseman in initial All-Star voting
The Dodgers' Adrian Gonzalez leads all NL first basemen with 349,762 votes. Gonzalez is followed by the Braves' Freddie Freeman (308,961), the Rockies' Justin Morneau (305,327), the Giants' Brandon Belt (228,547) and Goldschmidt (227,854).
Goldschmidt leads the NL -- not just first basemen -- with 30 extra-base hits, while Morneau, Gonazlez, Freeman and Belt have 23, 24, 23 and 13, respectively. He also tops NL first basemen with 38 runs.
Gonzalez paces the group with 12 home runs, with Morneau, Freeman and Goldschmidt all slugging nine so far.
Morneau leads the quintet in batting average (.308) and slugging percentage (.538), while Freeman is in front of the group in on-base percentage (.395). Belt does not have enough plate appearances to be a qualified NL hitter in terms of batting average, on-base percentage and slugging.
Here's how the four rank among the 11 qualified NL first baseman:
Batting average: Morneau (second), Freeman (third), Goldschmidt (fourth) and Gonzalez (fifth).
On-base percentage: Freeman (second), Goldschmidt (fourth), Morneau (fifth) and Gonzalez (sixth).
Slugging percentage: Morneau (first), Freeman (second), Goldschmidt (third) and Gonzalez (fourth).
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.