Updated May 28, 2014 - 3:09 pm
D-backs Goldschmidt 5th among NL first baseman in initial All-Star voting
The Dodgers' Adrian Gonzalez leads all NL first basemen with 349,762 votes. Gonzalez is followed by the Braves' Freddie Freeman (308,961), the Rockies' Justin Morneau (305,327), the Giants' Brandon Belt (228,547) and Goldschmidt (227,854).
Goldschmidt leads the NL -- not just first basemen -- with 30 extra-base hits, while Morneau, Gonazlez, Freeman and Belt have 23, 24, 23 and 13, respectively. He also tops NL first basemen with 38 runs.
Gonzalez paces the group with 12 home runs, with Morneau, Freeman and Goldschmidt all slugging nine so far.
Morneau leads the quintet in batting average (.308) and slugging percentage (.538), while Freeman is in front of the group in on-base percentage (.395). Belt does not have enough plate appearances to be a qualified NL hitter in terms of batting average, on-base percentage and slugging.
Here's how the four rank among the 11 qualified NL first baseman:
Batting average: Morneau (second), Freeman (third), Goldschmidt (fourth) and Gonzalez (fifth).
On-base percentage: Freeman (second), Goldschmidt (fourth), Morneau (fifth) and Gonzalez (sixth).
Slugging percentage: Morneau (first), Freeman (second), Goldschmidt (third) and Gonzalez (fourth).
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.