Diamondbacks' pitching prospect Archie Bradley progresses in elbow rehabilitation
The 21-year-old right-hander announced via Twitter that he threw for the second time from flat ground without pain -- something he did a week ago for the first time since hitting the disabled list last month.
Pain free flat ground today! Bullpen by the end of this week! Feeling strong and healthy!— Archie Bradley (@ArchieBradley7) May 26, 2014
At the end of April, the Triple-A Reno pitcher was placed on the 7-day disabled list with soreness in his right elbow. Following the news, the Diamondbacks ordered an MRI for Bradley and general manager Kevin Towers later reported everything was structurally intact in his arm.
Bradley rested without throwing for two weeks following the flare.
After two successful throwing sessions, Bradley is now due for a bullpen session, as he announced in Monday's tweet.
A timetable for his return is currently unknown, although the Diamondbacks originally stated that he could return to the mound as soon as a month following his injury diagnosis.
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.