Updated May 24, 2014 - 10:53 am
D-backs' series opener at Citi Field postponed, to be made up in Sunday doubleheader
At the time of the initial delay, the D-backs were leading the Mets 2-0 in the bottom of the fourth on a two-run home run by Aaron Hill.
Rookie starter Chase Anderson was dominant in his first turn through the Mets' lineup, allowing just one hit in three innings of work.
The postponed game will be made up Sunday as part of a single admission doubleheader, which will begin at 10:10 a.m. Arizona time.
Right-handers Bronson Arroyo and Rafael Montero were scheduled to start Sunday's series finale.
The teams have not released starters for the makeup affair, but per MLB rules, both can add an extra player to their respective rosters.
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.