Updated May 24, 2014 - 10:53 am
D-backs' series opener at Citi Field postponed, to be made up in Sunday doubleheader
At the time of the initial delay, the D-backs were leading the Mets 2-0 in the bottom of the fourth on a two-run home run by Aaron Hill.
Rookie starter Chase Anderson was dominant in his first turn through the Mets' lineup, allowing just one hit in three innings of work.
The postponed game will be made up Sunday as part of a single admission doubleheader, which will begin at 10:10 a.m. Arizona time.
Right-handers Bronson Arroyo and Rafael Montero were scheduled to start Sunday's series finale.
The teams have not released starters for the makeup affair, but per MLB rules, both can add an extra player to their respective rosters.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.