Updated May 22, 2014 - 11:11 am
Diamondbacks minor leaguer hits four home runs in Double-A game, adds fifth straight following day
Seven of those runs were driven in by Jon Griffin, who became the 24th pro baseball player since 2000 to hit four home runs in a game. He accomplished the feat in consecutive at-bats.
Griffin, the BayBears' first baseman, hit two solo home runs and two two-run home runs Wednesday, becoming the first Southern League player to log a four-home run game since 1969.
Griffin added another, non-home run hit in the affair -- an RBI single.
And Griffin wasn't finished there, as he homered in his first at-bat Thursday. He was walked his second time up.
The 25-year-old now has 10 home runs through his first 41 games with Double-A Mobile.
Griffin, 6-foot-6 and 230 pounds, is a product of Central Florida. He was drafted by the Diamondbacks in 2011.
Chicago Cubs prospect Kris Bryant also hit his Southern League-leading 12th home run in the contest.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.