Updated May 22, 2014 - 11:11 am
Diamondbacks minor leaguer hits four home runs in Double-A game, adds fifth straight following day
Seven of those runs were driven in by Jon Griffin, who became the 24th pro baseball player since 2000 to hit four home runs in a game. He accomplished the feat in consecutive at-bats.
Griffin, the BayBears' first baseman, hit two solo home runs and two two-run home runs Wednesday, becoming the first Southern League player to log a four-home run game since 1969.
Griffin added another, non-home run hit in the affair -- an RBI single.
And Griffin wasn't finished there, as he homered in his first at-bat Thursday. He was walked his second time up.
The 25-year-old now has 10 home runs through his first 41 games with Double-A Mobile.
Griffin, 6-foot-6 and 230 pounds, is a product of Central Florida. He was drafted by the Diamondbacks in 2011.
Chicago Cubs prospect Kris Bryant also hit his Southern League-leading 12th home run in the contest.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.