Updated May 21, 2014 - 4:52 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers' Valley home is for sale, has been since November
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Arizona Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers' Arcadia mansion is on the market.
Now, before you think this has anything to do with the D-backs' struggles or the recent hire of Tony La Russa as Chief Baseball Officer, it's important to note that the mansion has been for sale since November.
And if you have $1.95 million lying around, the six-bedroom, 5.5 bathroom home with Mexican-style furnishings can be yours.
The bulk of the home's materials are from Mexico, where the previous owners would visit regularly and bring home truck loads of high-end, custom pieces, such as heavy-wood doors and cabinetry with hand-carved designs, said Jim Bruske, the listing agent with Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty.
The rustic hardwood floors are reclaimed from an abandoned 100-year-old Mexican ship, Bruske said. Even the air conditioning vent covers are custom, made of copper from — you guessed it — Mexico.
According to the writeup, the home was built in 2003 on a lot that is roughly half an acre. It boasts a second-story master suite that has views of Camelback Mountain, a three-car garage, four fireplaces, a wine room and a large outdoor pool complete with a water feature. Towers and his wife Raquel have lived there since 2011, when they bought it for a reported $1.3 million.
It's now available once again.
"It's going to take a unique buyer like my clients," said Bruske, a retired Major League Baseball pitcher who played for the New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers, San Diego Padres and Milwaukee Brewers from 1995 to 2000.
But what the Towers home does offer is charm and tons of character — and that definitely stands out in the Valley's mass of cookie-cutter homes, which are common even in the luxury market, Bruske said.
"We call them glamorized tract homes," he said. "This home is anything but that."
For more information on the listing contact Jim Bruske at 602-768-3772.
- Miley struggles in opener, Phillies top D-backs: By The Numbers
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.