Diamondbacks prospect Archie Bradley throwing again after elbow injury
When he reported soreness in his elbow, the Arizona Diamondbacks organization feared it could be serious, but it was found to be just swelling, and general manager Kevin Towers reported everything was structurally intact in Bradley's arm.
Although placed on the DL for seven days, Bradley was to stay idle for two weeks, according to Towers, and the organization hoped the right-hander could get back to pitching in games within a month.
Monday On Twitter, the 21-year-old starter himself reported that he has taken his first important step toward a clean bill of health.
Played catch today and felt no pain at all! Was really good to start throwing again!— Archie Bradley (@ArchieBradley7) May 19, 2014
Judging by that announcement, he's just about a week behind the schedule that Towers laid out. Nonetheless, he could be back to competing in games within two weeks, if all goes well.
Bradley had a 1-4 record with 23 strikeouts in five starts with a 5.18 ERA before being sidelined.
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.