D-backs fan scores two home run balls
Sitting in the left-center seats at Chase Field on Saturday night, Wright caught a two-run home run by the Los Angeles Dodgers' Yasiel Puig in the third inning and came up with a solo shot by Arizona's Chris Owings in the fifth.
Wright, of Scottsdale, caught Puig's homer on the fly and threw it back onto the field immediately.
"When we sat here I knew this was a pretty good area for a home run to come," Wright said. "I told myself that if a Dodger hits it, especially Puig, that I was immediately going to throw it back. When it was coming in the air I was ready for it. No hesitation and went for it."
There was no hesitation when he came up with Owings' homer, either.
That one came on a carom and Wright gave his fiance a little nudge so he get it.
"It was a few seats down for me and I was trying to get in front of my fiancé to make sure she wouldn't get hit and kind of elbowed her in the process," he said. "It went off the railing and stopped right in front of me feet, so I picked it up and gave it to mom."
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.