D-backs fan scores two home run balls
Sitting in the left-center seats at Chase Field on Saturday night, Wright caught a two-run home run by the Los Angeles Dodgers' Yasiel Puig in the third inning and came up with a solo shot by Arizona's Chris Owings in the fifth.
Wright, of Scottsdale, caught Puig's homer on the fly and threw it back onto the field immediately.
"When we sat here I knew this was a pretty good area for a home run to come," Wright said. "I told myself that if a Dodger hits it, especially Puig, that I was immediately going to throw it back. When it was coming in the air I was ready for it. No hesitation and went for it."
There was no hesitation when he came up with Owings' homer, either.
That one came on a carom and Wright gave his fiance a little nudge so he get it.
"It was a few seats down for me and I was trying to get in front of my fiancé to make sure she wouldn't get hit and kind of elbowed her in the process," he said. "It went off the railing and stopped right in front of me feet, so I picked it up and gave it to mom."
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?