Updated May 14, 2014 - 11:35 am
Arizona Diamondbacks grant Randy Wolf his release
Since then, he went 5-1 with a 4.50 ERA with Triple-A Reno -- solid but not great -- and seemed like it was possible the left-hander could find a role with the big league club.
However, Wolf remained in the minors as the team elected to give Major League starts to younger pitchers in Mike Bolsinger and Chase Anderson.
Likely seeing little chance for a call up, Wolf exercised the out clause in his minor league contract Tuesday and was granted his release by the Diamondbacks.
It has been reported that Wolf has signed a deal with the Miami Marlins.
Wolf is a veteran of 14 Major League seasons with six different teams, compiling a 132-117 record with a 4.20 ERA.
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.