Updated May 14, 2014 - 11:35 am
Arizona Diamondbacks grant Randy Wolf his release
Since then, he went 5-1 with a 4.50 ERA with Triple-A Reno -- solid but not great -- and seemed like it was possible the left-hander could find a role with the big league club.
However, Wolf remained in the minors as the team elected to give Major League starts to younger pitchers in Mike Bolsinger and Chase Anderson.
Likely seeing little chance for a call up, Wolf exercised the out clause in his minor league contract Tuesday and was granted his release by the Diamondbacks.
It has been reported that Wolf has signed a deal with the Miami Marlins.
Wolf is a veteran of 14 Major League seasons with six different teams, compiling a 132-117 record with a 4.20 ERA.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.