Anderson, D-backs capture series win over White Sox: By The Numbers
The latest chapter of that was Sunday.
Chase Anderson turned in 5.1 dominant innings in his MLB debut, Gerardo Parra and Miguel Montero both homered and the D-backs led coast-to-coast in a 5-1 win over the Chicago White Sox that sealed their third-straight series victory.
Here's a closer look at the win, by the numbers:
The win marked Anderson's first in the big leagues, as he tossed 5.1 innings, allowing just two hits and a run while striking out six in his MLB debut.
It took the D-backs just two batters to capture a lead in Sunday's game. After Parra led off the game with a flukey triple on a fly ball to left-center field, Martin Prado drove him in with a two-strike single for an early 1-0 lead.
Arizona has now won its last three series -- the last two of which came after dropping the series opener. The D-backs have taken series from the Padres, Brewers and White Sox -- all three on the road -- to start May. This is the first time Arizona has won three consecutive series since June 2012.
Four of the D-backs' five runs came courtesy of a pair of two-run homers from who may be the team's best hitters this month -- Montero and Parra. Parra went 2-for-5 with a triple and homer while MOntero went 2-for-2 with a pair of walks to raise his season average to .287.
The D-backs have now won seven of their last 10 games, which dates to a 5-4 win over Colorado on April 30 that avoided a sweep and snapped a four-game skid.
Diamondbacks reliever Brad Ziegler has now made 18 straight scoreless appearances after tossing a perfect eighth, a streak that spans 17.1 innings.
Anderson threw just 74 pitches in his big-league debut, but manager Kirk Gibson opted to replace him with Joe Thatcher after a four-pitch walk with one out in the fifth.
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.