The Pulse: D-backs rookie shortstop Chris Owings already winning over fans
Recently, we asked what you think of Arizona Diamondbacks rookie shortstop Chris Owings.
It's safe to say that he's made a strong first impression.
Out of 738 votes, 61 percent of you said that Owings is not bad and clearly has potential, while another 31 percent said he's great and the shortstop of the future.
The remaining 9 percent were split between those who thought Owings "could be better," and who think Didi Gregorius should be manning shortstop for the D-backs.
Owings is hitting .298 with a home run and four RBIs after winning a shortstop competition with Gregorius in the spring. The former first-round pick has eight extra-base hits this season, and has played mostly solid defense at shortstop.
Owings hit .291 over 55 at-bats while being up with the D-backs for a 20-game stint to finish the 2013 season, and has appeared in 33 of Arizona's 37 games to open the 2014 campaign.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.