Arizona Diamondbacks option Mike Bolsinger to Triple-A Reno
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Tuesday they have optioned the right-hander to Triple-A Reno.
In five appearances (four starts), Bolsinger went 1-2 with a 6.08 ERA.
In a corresponding move, the D-backs recalled right-handed pitcher Chase Anderson from Double-A Mobile. The 26-year-old will be in his first stint in the Majors. The D-backs' pitcher of the month in April, he was 4-2 with a 0.69 ERA in 39 innings of work.
Pitching for Reno last season, Anderson went 4-7 with a 5.73 ERA.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.