Updated May 5, 2014 - 3:12 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks' Chris Owings named N.L. Rookie of the Month
MLB announced Monday that the 22-year-old earned the award for his play during March and April, where he hit .313 with five doubles and four stolen bases in 28 games.
Owings is the second D-backs hitter to earn the award, joining Gerardo Parra, who did so in May 2009. Pitchers Daniel Hudson and Wade Miley were also named rookies of the month in their first season, with Hudson doing so in August 2010 and Miley in April 2012.
Other rookies to receive votes were pitchers David Hale (Atlanta) and Tommy Kahnle (Colorado), along with Billy Hamilton (Cincinnati) and Tony Sanchez (Pittsburgh).
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.