The Pulse: Fans anticipate sweeping changes with D-backs
Recently, we asked about the leadership of the struggling Arizona Diamondbacks.
Who will work for the Diamondbacks on Opening Day 2015?
Your options: Manager Kirk Gibson, general manager Kevin Towers, both or neither.
The responses weren't all that optimistic.
A whopping 539 of 876 total voters anticipate that neither man will be with the Diamondbacks next season, after back-to-back 81-81 seasons and a major league-worst start in 2014.
After Monday's series opener loss to the Colorado Rockies, the Diamondbacks found themselves with a 2-14 home record, just 8-21 on the season.
Meanwhile, 12 percent of fans (104 total) anticipate Towers and Gibson returning in 2015.
Another 207 had Towers departing and Gibson staying, while just 26 (three percent) foresaw the opposite scenario.
Towers has been the Diamondbacks general manager since 2010, when Gibson served as the team's interim manager in preparation for a National League Manager of the Year award in 2011.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.