The Pulse: Fans anticipate sweeping changes with D-backs
Recently, we asked about the leadership of the struggling Arizona Diamondbacks.
Who will work for the Diamondbacks on Opening Day 2015?
Your options: Manager Kirk Gibson, general manager Kevin Towers, both or neither.
The responses weren't all that optimistic.
A whopping 539 of 876 total voters anticipate that neither man will be with the Diamondbacks next season, after back-to-back 81-81 seasons and a major league-worst start in 2014.
After Monday's series opener loss to the Colorado Rockies, the Diamondbacks found themselves with a 2-14 home record, just 8-21 on the season.
Meanwhile, 12 percent of fans (104 total) anticipate Towers and Gibson returning in 2015.
Another 207 had Towers departing and Gibson staying, while just 26 (three percent) foresaw the opposite scenario.
Towers has been the Diamondbacks general manager since 2010, when Gibson served as the team's interim manager in preparation for a National League Manager of the Year award in 2011.
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.