Arizona Diamondbacks acquire pitcher Lucas Harrell from Astros
Harrell, 28, was 0-3 with a 9.49 ERA in three starts for the Astros this season. He allowed 14 runs -- 13 earned -- in 12.1 innings while walking nine and striking out nine.
Last season he was 6-17 with a 5.86 ERA, but in 2012 Harrell posted an 11-11 record with a 3.76 ERA.
#Dbacks Gibson on acquiring RHP Lucas Harrell from Astros, "The reports say he's still got a pretty good arm"— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) April 28, 2014
#Dbacks Gibson continued about Harrell---who will report to Triple-A Reno---"We're looking for (starting pitching) depth for sure"— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) April 28, 2014
Harrell, who made his Major League debut with the Chicago White Sox, owns a career 18-33 record with a 4.84 ERA.
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.