Arizona Diamondbacks acquire pitcher Lucas Harrell from Astros
Harrell, 28, was 0-3 with a 9.49 ERA in three starts for the Astros this season. He allowed 14 runs -- 13 earned -- in 12.1 innings while walking nine and striking out nine.
Last season he was 6-17 with a 5.86 ERA, but in 2012 Harrell posted an 11-11 record with a 3.76 ERA.
#Dbacks Gibson on acquiring RHP Lucas Harrell from Astros, "The reports say he's still got a pretty good arm"— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) April 28, 2014
#Dbacks Gibson continued about Harrell---who will report to Triple-A Reno---"We're looking for (starting pitching) depth for sure"— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) April 28, 2014
Harrell, who made his Major League debut with the Chicago White Sox, owns a career 18-33 record with a 4.84 ERA.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.