Diamondbacks to be without Mark Trumbo for 'lengthy' period of time
Friday, it was confirmed he is going to be out significantly longer than that.
"The CT scan hasn't been read yet, but we know regardless it's going to be lengthy," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said before Friday's game against the Philadelphia Phillies. "I don't know exactly what to tell you at this time."
Trumbo himself said the injury will likely keep him out at least six weeks, which means the D-backs will have to try and salvage the season without their leader in both home runs and RBI.
In his first season with the Diamondbacks after being acquired in a three-team deal from the L.A. Angels, Trumbo is hitting .210 with seven home runs and 19 RBI.
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.