Diamondbacks to be without Mark Trumbo for 'lengthy' period of time
Friday, it was confirmed he is going to be out significantly longer than that.
"The CT scan hasn't been read yet, but we know regardless it's going to be lengthy," D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said before Friday's game against the Philadelphia Phillies. "I don't know exactly what to tell you at this time."
Trumbo himself said the injury will likely keep him out at least six weeks, which means the D-backs will have to try and salvage the season without their leader in both home runs and RBI.
In his first season with the Diamondbacks after being acquired in a three-team deal from the L.A. Angels, Trumbo is hitting .210 with seven home runs and 19 RBI.
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.