Updated Apr 24, 2014 - 8:47 am
D-backs place outfielder Mark Trumbo on 15-day D.L.
An MRI revealed Trumbo has a stress fracture in the third metatarsal of his left foot. The imaging also revealed, according to Trumbo, some plantar fascia that he was already aware of.
In his first season with Arizona, Trumbo was tied for the National League lead with 7 home runs and was second with 19 RBI.
Kieschnick, 27, was hitting .281 (18-for-64) in Reno, with 3 home runs and 8 RBI. He was claimed off waivers from San Francisco in early April. Kieschnick, who will be in the lineup Thursday vs. the Cubs in the series finale, has a career Major League average of .202 (18-for-95).
He was originally a third-round pick of the Giants in 2008 out of Texas Tech.
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.