D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
But then they ran into a familiar foe.
Starting pitcher Mike Bolsinger allowed seven runs on seven hits in four innings in his rotation debut, and the D-backs lost 8-6 despite racing out to an early 4-0 lead in Los Angeles.
Here's a closer look at the loss, By The Numbers:
Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill has retired every batter he's faced in four relief innings the past two days, earning the save in Friday's win and tossing three innings of relief Saturday after being relegated to the bullpen following an atrocious start to the season.
The Dodgers answered Arizona's four-run third inning with eight runs of their own -- three in the fourth and five in the fifth.
The D-backs defense committed a pair of errors in Los Angeles' five-run fifth inning, including a botched would-be double play ball to Martin Prado that could have severely limited the Dodgers' damage.
Arizona offseason acquisition Mark Trumbo notched a pair of singles on Saturday, raising his batting average on the year to .213 -- worst among D-backs regulars.
Los Angeles slugger Adrian Gonzelez continued his torching of the D-backs, driving in two runs with a bases-loaded single and raising his RBI total against Arizona this season to 13. He has 16 RBIs on the year.
D-backs slugger Paul Goldschmidt singled Saturday, meaning he's recorded a hit in 17 of Arizona's 20 games this season.
D-backs starter Mike Bolsinger lasted just four-plus innings in his rotation debut, allowing seven hits and seven runs -- six earned -- while walking one and striking out five.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.