D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
But then they ran into a familiar foe.
Starting pitcher Mike Bolsinger allowed seven runs on seven hits in four innings in his rotation debut, and the D-backs lost 8-6 despite racing out to an early 4-0 lead in Los Angeles.
Here's a closer look at the loss, By The Numbers:
Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill has retired every batter he's faced in four relief innings the past two days, earning the save in Friday's win and tossing three innings of relief Saturday after being relegated to the bullpen following an atrocious start to the season.
The Dodgers answered Arizona's four-run third inning with eight runs of their own -- three in the fourth and five in the fifth.
The D-backs defense committed a pair of errors in Los Angeles' five-run fifth inning, including a botched would-be double play ball to Martin Prado that could have severely limited the Dodgers' damage.
Arizona offseason acquisition Mark Trumbo notched a pair of singles on Saturday, raising his batting average on the year to .213 -- worst among D-backs regulars.
Los Angeles slugger Adrian Gonzelez continued his torching of the D-backs, driving in two runs with a bases-loaded single and raising his RBI total against Arizona this season to 13. He has 16 RBIs on the year.
D-backs slugger Paul Goldschmidt singled Saturday, meaning he's recorded a hit in 17 of Arizona's 20 games this season.
D-backs starter Mike Bolsinger lasted just four-plus innings in his rotation debut, allowing seven hits and seven runs -- six earned -- while walking one and striking out five.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.