Updated Apr 19, 2014 - 12:00 am
Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
The Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder quickly accelerated through his rehabilitation process and was activated Friday, prior to his team's three-game series in Los Angeles versus the division-rival Dodgers.
Ross had previously played in nine games for the Triple-A Reno Aces to ease his way into game form, hitting .290 with a double, seven RBI and a .313 on-base percentage.
The Diamondbacks, who entered play Friday with a 4-14 record, having scored just five runs in their previous eight games, were in need of a spark as they took the Dodger Stadium field.
In his season debut on Friday, Ross was unable to provide that spark, going 0-for-5 by hitting into three groundouts, flying out once and once getting called out on strikes in the Diamondbacks' .
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.