Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
The team announced Friday it had reinstated the outfielder from the 15-day disabled list. In a corresponding move, the team designated relief pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith for assignment.
Ross, 30, suffered a dislocated hip on Aug. 11 while running to first base. It cut his first season as D-back short, and he finished the campaign batting .278 with eight home runs and 38 RBI. In nine rehab games with Triple-A Reno this season, he hit .290 with one double and seven RBI.
The 31-year-old Rowland-Smith appeared in six games this season, posting an ERA of 4.91 in 7.1 innings of work.
And in a non-related move, the team outrighted right-handed pitcher Alex Sanabia to Reno Thursday.
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.