Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
The team announced Friday it had reinstated the outfielder from the 15-day disabled list. In a corresponding move, the team designated relief pitcher Ryan Rowland-Smith for assignment.
Ross, 30, suffered a dislocated hip on Aug. 11 while running to first base. It cut his first season as D-back short, and he finished the campaign batting .278 with eight home runs and 38 RBI. In nine rehab games with Triple-A Reno this season, he hit .290 with one double and seven RBI.
The 31-year-old Rowland-Smith appeared in six games this season, posting an ERA of 4.91 in 7.1 innings of work.
And in a non-related move, the team outrighted right-handed pitcher Alex Sanabia to Reno Thursday.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.