Updated Apr 17, 2014 - 9:01 am
D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
Bradley was touched up for four runs on seven hits in just 4.1 innings of work in his latest start Wednesday night -- a 4-2 loss to the Las Vegas 51s. He also walked two, threw two wild pitches and hit two batters while seeing his ERA rise to 3.31 on the season.
Bradley got into a spot of trouble in the second when he allowed back-to-back one-out singles to Zach Lutz and Matt den Dekker before uncorking a wild pitch that allowed the runners to move up to 2nd and 3rd. Right fielder Cesar Puello followed with an RBI single to right, scoring Lutz and giving Las Vegas a 1-0 lead.
The trouble continued in the third, when Bradley (1-2) walked leadoff hitter Eric Campbell and then plunked Wilmer Flores and threw a second wild pitch while facing Allan Dykstra, moving the runners up 90 feet each. Dykstra singled to center, scoring two runs -- although Dykstra was thrown out at second on the play.
After a visit on the mound, Bradley settled down a bit, retiring the next six hitters he faced. But with one out in the fifth, Flores singled and was knocked in on an RBI double by Dykstra to make it 4-1. Bradley then hit Lutz with a pitch and was lifted for reliever Derek Eitel with one out in the fourth inning.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.