Updated Apr 17, 2014 - 9:01 am
D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
Bradley was touched up for four runs on seven hits in just 4.1 innings of work in his latest start Wednesday night -- a 4-2 loss to the Las Vegas 51s. He also walked two, threw two wild pitches and hit two batters while seeing his ERA rise to 3.31 on the season.
Bradley got into a spot of trouble in the second when he allowed back-to-back one-out singles to Zach Lutz and Matt den Dekker before uncorking a wild pitch that allowed the runners to move up to 2nd and 3rd. Right fielder Cesar Puello followed with an RBI single to right, scoring Lutz and giving Las Vegas a 1-0 lead.
The trouble continued in the third, when Bradley (1-2) walked leadoff hitter Eric Campbell and then plunked Wilmer Flores and threw a second wild pitch while facing Allan Dykstra, moving the runners up 90 feet each. Dykstra singled to center, scoring two runs -- although Dykstra was thrown out at second on the play.
After a visit on the mound, Bradley settled down a bit, retiring the next six hitters he faced. But with one out in the fifth, Flores singled and was knocked in on an RBI double by Dykstra to make it 4-1. Bradley then hit Lutz with a pitch and was lifted for reliever Derek Eitel with one out in the fourth inning.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.