Arizona Diamondbacks to skip Trevor Cahill's next start
Trevor Cahill will not make his next scheduled start, will likely move to bullpen. Either Bo Schultz or Mike Bolsinger will replace him.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) April 14, 2014
Cahill is 0-4 with a 9.17 ERA this season, and the 26-year-old right-hander has struggled mightily in three of his four outings.
Schultz, 28, is 0-1 with a 2.84 ERA in 6.1 innings this season, while the 26-year-old Bolsinger is 2-0 with a 1.42 ERA for Triple-A Reno.
The Diamondbacks have a scheduled off day on April 17, meaning they don't necessarily have to "replace" Cahill in the rotation to give him a one-start reprieve.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.