Arizona Diamondbacks to skip Trevor Cahill's next start
Trevor Cahill will not make his next scheduled start, will likely move to bullpen. Either Bo Schultz or Mike Bolsinger will replace him.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) April 14, 2014
Cahill is 0-4 with a 9.17 ERA this season, and the 26-year-old right-hander has struggled mightily in three of his four outings.
Schultz, 28, is 0-1 with a 2.84 ERA in 6.1 innings this season, while the 26-year-old Bolsinger is 2-0 with a 1.42 ERA for Triple-A Reno.
The Diamondbacks have a scheduled off day on April 17, meaning they don't necessarily have to "replace" Cahill in the rotation to give him a one-start reprieve.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.