Arizona Diamondbacks to skip Trevor Cahill's next start
Trevor Cahill will not make his next scheduled start, will likely move to bullpen. Either Bo Schultz or Mike Bolsinger will replace him.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) April 14, 2014
Cahill is 0-4 with a 9.17 ERA this season, and the 26-year-old right-hander has struggled mightily in three of his four outings.
Schultz, 28, is 0-1 with a 2.84 ERA in 6.1 innings this season, while the 26-year-old Bolsinger is 2-0 with a 1.42 ERA for Triple-A Reno.
The Diamondbacks have a scheduled off day on April 17, meaning they don't necessarily have to "replace" Cahill in the rotation to give him a one-start reprieve.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.