D-backs prospect Chase Anderson named Pitcher of the Week
Mobile BayBears pitcher Chase Anderson was named the Southern League Pitcher of the Week for April 3-13.
Anderson is 2-0 and has yet to give up a run this season.
The D-backs pitching prospect leads the Southern League in wins, earned run average, innings pitched, WHIP, and batting average against, after the first week of the season. Batters are only hitting .125 against Anderson.
In the opening game of the season, the right hander only allowed one hit and struck out six batters in six innings on the mound.
His next start was just as impressive, as he struck out six in six shutout innings to earn a win in the home opener.
Anderson was selected by the D-backs in the 9th round of the 2009 MLB June Amateur Draft from the University of Oklahoma.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.