Mark Trumbo's bat dominating early in season
As of Monday, Trumbo leads baseball with six home runs and 18 runs batted in, while batting .233 and slugging .583. His six homers are as much as the rest of the team has hit combined and only one of them was a solo shot.
In his first season as a D-back, the 28-year-old is on pace to hit 65 home runs and drive in 194 runs.
Odds are he won't reach those numbers, but he's certainly on track to break the single-season highs of 34 "Trum-bombs" and 100 RBI he setlast year as a member of the Los Angeles Angels.
Along with being powerful, Trumbo's bat has been timely. Five of his home runs have come with runners on base; he's batting .300 with runners on and .273 when they are in scoring position.
In Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the left fielder reached the 300-RBI career milestone with his seventh-inning three-run home run, which was also his 101st of his career.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.