Mark Trumbo's bat dominating early in season
As of Monday, Trumbo leads baseball with six home runs and 18 runs batted in, while batting .233 and slugging .583. His six homers are as much as the rest of the team has hit combined and only one of them was a solo shot.
In his first season as a D-back, the 28-year-old is on pace to hit 65 home runs and drive in 194 runs.
Odds are he won't reach those numbers, but he's certainly on track to break the single-season highs of 34 "Trum-bombs" and 100 RBI he setlast year as a member of the Los Angeles Angels.
Along with being powerful, Trumbo's bat has been timely. Five of his home runs have come with runners on base; he's batting .300 with runners on and .273 when they are in scoring position.
In Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers, the left fielder reached the 300-RBI career milestone with his seventh-inning three-run home run, which was also his 101st of his career.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.