D-backs again fall to Dodgers behind another poor start: By The Numbers
The Arizona Diamondbacks again fell in an early hole to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday. Trevor Cahill again failed to finish five innings.
Then the D-backs lost their fifth straight game to Los Angeles, falling 8-6 to drop to 1-8 at home this season.
Here's a closer look at the loss, By The Numbers:
Eric Chavez's third-inning solo home run marked the first time he's gone deep in his second season with the D-backs.
Dodgers shortstop Dee Gordon racked up four stolen bases against the D-backs Sunday, three of which came against Trevor Cahill -- two on back-to-back pitches -- and another against Randall Delgado that came as Delgado wasn't paying attention while tidying up the mound area.
The Diamondbacks have dropped five straight games to the Dodgers to start the 2014 seasons, and none of them have been particularly close, with the D-backs losing by an average of three runs per game.
Cahill has complied a 9.17 ERA over his four starts this season while compiling an 0-4 record. Opposing batters are hitting better than .350 against Cahill, and he allows more than two baserunners per inning.
Noted D-backs killer Adrian Gonzalez racked up 10 RBIs in the three-game series after entering with four on the season. He hit a home run in each of the three games.
The Dodgers jumped out to 13 runs worth of early leads in the series, grabbing leads of 4-0, 4-0 and 5-0 in each of the three games.
Arizona's .267 win percentage ranks it dead last among MLB teams -- 30 out of 30.
Goldschmidt's fielding error was his first since August 11 of last year -- a span of 245 days. The Dodgers added a run on the Gold Glove winner's miscue.
D-backs slugger Mark Trumbo reached the 300-RBI milestone for his career with his seventh-inning home run, which knocked in RBIs number 300, 301 and 302.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.