D-backs again fall to Dodgers behind another poor start: By The Numbers
The Arizona Diamondbacks again fell in an early hole to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday. Trevor Cahill again failed to finish five innings.
Then the D-backs lost their fifth straight game to Los Angeles, falling 8-6 to drop to 1-8 at home this season.
Here's a closer look at the loss, By The Numbers:
Eric Chavez's third-inning solo home run marked the first time he's gone deep in his second season with the D-backs.
Dodgers shortstop Dee Gordon racked up four stolen bases against the D-backs Sunday, three of which came against Trevor Cahill -- two on back-to-back pitches -- and another against Randall Delgado that came as Delgado wasn't paying attention while tidying up the mound area.
The Diamondbacks have dropped five straight games to the Dodgers to start the 2014 seasons, and none of them have been particularly close, with the D-backs losing by an average of three runs per game.
Cahill has complied a 9.17 ERA over his four starts this season while compiling an 0-4 record. Opposing batters are hitting better than .350 against Cahill, and he allows more than two baserunners per inning.
Noted D-backs killer Adrian Gonzalez racked up 10 RBIs in the three-game series after entering with four on the season. He hit a home run in each of the three games.
The Dodgers jumped out to 13 runs worth of early leads in the series, grabbing leads of 4-0, 4-0 and 5-0 in each of the three games.
Arizona's .267 win percentage ranks it dead last among MLB teams -- 30 out of 30.
Goldschmidt's fielding error was his first since August 11 of last year -- a span of 245 days. The Dodgers added a run on the Gold Glove winner's miscue.
D-backs slugger Mark Trumbo reached the 300-RBI milestone for his career with his seventh-inning home run, which knocked in RBIs number 300, 301 and 302.
- Does Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill pitch better when Tuffy Gosewisch is catching?
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.