D-backs prospect Archie Bradley impresses in second start of season
Top prospect Archie Bradley went seven innings, allowing three hits and two runs while striking out five on Friday for the Triple-A Reno Aces in his second start of the season. Bradley had an up-and-down spring, but was dominant at times for the D-backs.
Bradley retired the first nine hitters he faced on Friday, though he ultimately was tagged with a loss as the Aces' offense went dormant facing the El Paso Chihuahuas in Tucson.
Bradley will likely remain in Triple-A until the end of April at the earliest, when his arbitration eligibility will be delayed by a full season -- meaning he would be under team control for an additional year over if he were promoted now.
Bradley earned a win in his Triple-A debut earlier this week, allowing four hits and striking out three over five shutout innings. He has a 1.50 ERA over his first two starts with a WHIP of 0.66.
The 6-foot-4, 235-pounder was a first-round pick of the D-backs in the 2011 draft. The 21-year-old signed with the D-backs rather than taking a football scholarship to play quarterback at the University of Oklahoma.
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.