Ryu, Gonzalez lead Dodgers past Diamondbacks
Ryu (2-1) struck out eight and walked one, retiring 18 of his last 19 batters. The only hits off the South Korean left-hander were a pair of singles by Miguel Montero.
Gonzalez hit a two-run homer off Brandon McCarthy (0-2) in the first, doubled in two more in the third and had an RBI single in the eighth. The Dodgers' Hanley Ramirez was 3 for 4 with two doubles, drove in a run and scored three times.
It was the Dodgers' first visit to Chase Field since clinching the NL West title there last September, when they angered the Diamondbacks by celebrating in the ballpark's swimming pool.
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.